Hi there! Thanks for coming to check out my blog. My name is Kenzo, and I am currently a 4th year medical student at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. Pursuing my interest in global health, I am spending approximately 9 months in Cuzco, Peru, volunteering through an organization called Doctors for Global Health. Planning for this trip was quite a process, but I am excited that this journey has finally arrived, and that I will be spending it with my wife, Janie, who is pursuing a degree in Mental Health Counseling, and also volunteering for Doctors for Global Health. Thanks again for stopping by – I’ll leave you with 9 quick random facts about me.
1. Born in Salt Lake City, UT, but grew up in Morgantown, WV
2. My favorite candy is juicy pear Jelly Belly beans
3. I am fascinated by ants, I have an extreme loathing for cockroaches
4. 2 of my favorite things to do are play guitar and soccer
5. My name, Kenzo, means “healthy boy,” so I’ve been told
6. I am half-Japanese, half-American
7. Spain is currently at the top of my list of places to visit
8. My favorite food is probably sushi, but I never get tired of pizza
9. My favorite time of the day is dusk, when the sun is setting, especially at the beach.